If you’re a KC/IABC member, make sure you’re logged in to be able to view the full content on this page. As a member, you have access to a wealth of information provided by both the Kansas City chapter and the international organization.
In addition, IABC gives you access to:
Tools and resources you need to succeed:
- Discovery – IABC’s easy-to navigate, searchable online library of articles, case studies, templates, select research, reports and more.
- “MyComm” – Online planning tool that uses a six-step process to create a comprehensive strategic communication plan
Industry-leading content to keep you at the forefront of the profession:
- Members-only webinars – IABC offers a select few webinars absolutely free to member to help you understand issues that impact your business and learn about leading-edge strategies for success
- Communication World – Magazine packed with communication-management strategy and tactics, research findings, case studies, peer perspectives and more
- CW Bulletin – Monthly e-newsletter covering a wide array of topics of concern in the industry
- IABC Research Foundation – Provides members with practical, highly credible research that is advancing the practice of business communication around the world
Take control of your career:
- Job Bank – Listing of communication, marketing and related openings available in the metro area. Any company may post for free, but listings are viewable to members only. If you’re looking for a position outside the Kansas City area, check IABC’s Job Centre.
- Chapter activities – Opportunities for meeting industry peers face to face at luncheons, conferences, happy hours and special interest group meetings
- Volunteer – Enhance your leadership and management skills by volunteering for IABC Kansas City
- Professional development grants – Professional development grants from KC/IABC to members seeking financial assistance for IABC-sponsored career-growth opportunities. To learn about criteria, contact Senior Delegate Justin Goldsborough.
- Accreditation program – Professional credential program (Accredited Business Communicator) recognizing communicators who have reached a globally accepted standard of knowledge and proficiency in their chosen field. View a list of Accredited Business Communicators in the Kansas City chapter.
Learn from the experience of others and connect with a worldwide network:
- KC/IABC member directory – “Real time” and searchable with members listed alphabetically with contact information
- IABC Marketplace – Searchable database of IABC member consultants of all types, developed to help connect businesses with the communication services they need
- MemberSearch – E-directory to search members outside of IABC Kansas City
- Special interest groups from KC/IABC – Connecting people with industry peers (i.e., entrepreneurs, new to the field or young communicators, master communicators and those interested in social networking and new technologies)
- IABC Buzz – Posting area to keep you in touch with members near and far
- IABC eXchange blog tool – Online tool, powered by the WordPress blogging platform, allowing you to create public or private blogs and sites
- MemberSpeak – Online posting area where members trade ideas, get advice, debate strategies and share information
And, don’t forget, members receive special member pricing on everything IABC provides — from chapter events, award entry fees, research and much more!
About KC/IABC and IABC
KC/IABC is the Kansas City chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC). KC/IABC, the 2012 International Chapter of the Year, provides professional development, networking and career opportunities for a wide variety of communications professionals. Our diverse membership represents the professions of public relations, corporation communications, marketing, design, videography, photography and more. Our members work in communications for large corporations, small businesses, ad agencies and non-profits. We’re also pleased to have a number of self-employed entrepreneurs in our ranks, as well as college students who are looking forward to a career in the field.